To get everything out of your head onto paper in whatever form or way you want. This can help facilitate discussion with the wider team or simply help clarify your own thoughts or ideas.
- Agree the challenge or problem you are exploring in your mind map
- Take a sheet of A3 paper
- Write the challenge or problem you are exploring in the centre
- Write out your thoughts as they come to mind and link these with lines
- Allow yourself to go off on tangents, try not to filter your thoughts
- When the time is up, look over your mind map and highlight any key themes by marking them with a different colour pen
- Next you might do a round of Crazy eights to develop your thoughts into ideas.